Job ID: 2015-003
Category: Behavioral Health Consultant
Additional Information: El Rio Community Health Center is looking for behavioral health professionals for its integrated medical/behavioral health program. Must be Independently Licensed Behavioral Health Professionals in Arizona. Bilingual candidates preferred. The person in this position will work under the direction of the Integrated Behavioral Health Director as a member of primary care team in providing services to patients in the medical clinics as part of an integrated model. Interventions will be brief, understandable, effective, and consistent with a population-based model of care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide quality clinical consultation addressing patient psycho-social concerns in collaboration with the integrated primary care team. The BHC will be capable of assessment and interventions for patients of all ages regarding psycho-social concerns that may be related to life stressors, acute and/or chronic medical/mental health conditions, motivational barriers to healthy lifestyle, and/or other identifiable behavioral health concerns, while making appropriate recommendations to medical providers and patients.
- The BHC will be capable of assessing patient’s mental health related conditions utilizing DSM-IV-R, PHQ-9, and other relevant diagnostics for the purposes of integrated primary care treatment planning and referrals to community based specialized mental health providers.
- Provide brief, health and behavior focused assessments and interventions with active development of behavioral change planning that can improve psychosocial functioning and impact patient’s bio-medical health outcomes.
- Cultivate education and self-management skills to targeted populations with comorbid medical and mental health conditions, chronic medical disease, behavioral health concerns, and other health related conditions that impact biopsychosocial health and functioning.
- Utilize a variety of intervention approaches which may include but not be limited to the following: Motivational Interviewing, Solution focused therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness and acceptance strategies, psycho-education, and other therapeutic approaches applied within the integrated primary care behavioral health consultation model.
- Provide education to the primary care team regarding the latest information and knowledge pertaining to integrated behavioral health assessment and intervention, related behavioral health conditions, safety and risk assessment, in order to improve patient care and assist with enhancing primary care utilization of Behavioral Health Consultation.
- Establish and build collaborative relationships with medical provider’s through shadowing provider medical visits, familiarization with provider patient panels, provider-directed psychosocial screenings, integrated medical visits, screening patients prior to medical visits and other best practice methods helpful.
- Promote smooth interface between medicine and behavioral health care throughout the organization through collaborative relationship building, efficiency with patient flow and “warm hand-offs”, accessibility to medical providers, brief consultations with providers and staff, and adherence to scope of practice limitations given the population based approach.
- Facilitate referrals to specialized mental health providers and psychiatric services as needed; will provide on-site crisis assessment, triage and intervention while coordinating with community based mental health organizations, local hospitals, and public safety officials.
- Collaborate and co-manage the patient’s behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring providers.
- The BHC will document in the patient record health and behavioral assessments and interventions and community based referrals to specialty mental health providers.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate electronic patient records while remaining in compliance with all HIPAA and Confidentiality policies and procedures. Maintain patient charts and records according to established Electronic Medical Records guidelines and procedures for integrated behavioral health consultation model of care.
- Protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of patient records and information, proprietary information and personnel information.
- Completing all clinical documentation clearly, thoroughly, accurately and within timeframes specified by El Rio policies and procedures and regulatory authority.
- Develop treatment plans appropriate for primary care behavioral health patients identifying reasonable, attainable goals and objectives.
- Present treatment options and working with the patient to determine applicable goals, objectives and timelines.
- Provide guidance to the patient to ensure treatment modes and duration of treatment is appropriate for success.
- Attend applicable provider meetings and participate in on-going training activities as needed.
- Participates in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement.
- Contribute to team effort; and complies with all facility policies and procedures including but not limited to those addressing HIPAA and Compliance and performs other duties as assigned.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to a position, have been excluded. These requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the duties, tasks, assignments, and responsibilities of this position. In no instance, however, should any of the functions or items listed be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions, duties, tasks, or requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate to meet organizational operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Master’s or Doctorate Degree in clinical counseling, social work, psychology, or a behavioral health discipline from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ of providing behavioral health services (i.e. assessment, diagnosis, or treatment of an individual’s behavioral health needs) in the behavioral health field.
Please attach your CV/Resume or provide a link to one.